Tuesday, August 14, 2012

It's that time again

Yes, it's that time again when I, nostalgic and weary, pop by my old, old blog and wonder to myself: Is it time for a proper resurrection or should I finally let it be laid to rest, deleted and forgotten about?

Well. Being the sentimental fool I am, I doubt I would ever have the heart to delete the random, angsty musings of Young Grace. I still get a rush whenever I delve into the archives and read an old post. A bit like rediscovering yourself, except I'm not quite sure where or when I lost myself. Whoops! Starting to sound melancholy. Fear not, my non-existent readers, I shall stick to the cheery side of things :)

It's quite sad however, to see that I have stopped writing completely, seeing as I used to enjoy it so much.

I rather think I owe it to myself to try it again. I have rather missed writing, even if it's not old school writing with a pen. My penmanship could use the practice however. I digress.

I think it's time I start writing again, just because I could use the practice. See, lately I find myself at a loss for words more often than I care to admit. I can almost feel my brain turning to goo in my skull. With a lack of use for it, my words and grasp of the English language becomes worse than a 12 year old - I no longer have smart, witty things to say, and it terrifies me because I'm pretty sure my words were the only appealing thing about me.

But in the fast paced world of today, words seem to be less of import. Everybody prefers pictures now. Fast and easy to understand. Requires less time and brain cells than a paragraph. Thus, the whole world is on tumblr, which I love, but sadly I am a tech noob and is too afraid and stupid to learn new technology - something, I'm sure, a 20 year old should not be saying. I've always been more inclined to words, I'm afraid, and posting pictures was never a thing I did when blogging, even at the height of its popularity in the early 2000s.

Regardless, I agree that a post with some sort of visual is way more attractive than a long wordy post - like this. Hahaha. So I will learn to post pictures, and I will start now.

Let it suffice to say that I am gonna try my hand at blogging again. And you, my strange, faceless, internet friend, will be my companion on this journey.

(On a side note, I've recently contemplated starting my own tumblr because of...well, reasons but I'm afraid I'll be too dumb to know how. Plus I really want to make gifs but have no PS skills to speak of so...I guess I won't be going down that road, unless I somehow try it and find it easy. SO WHAT WAS THE POINT OF TELLING YOU THIS? Gosh. So annoying. Sorry :< Here's a cute elephant pic that shows how I feel now, hope that appeases you.)


Image from here

No comments: